Papplewick is both a small village and a parish in central Nottinghamshire about 135 miles north of London, 9 miles north of Nottingham and 7 miles south of Mansfield. Hucknall lies just to the south-west. The parish covers about 1,766 acres and includes Newstead Priory.
The village of Papplewick is located in the west of the parish on the east bank of the River Leen. The village is closely allied to the village of Linby, further to the west. If you are planning a visit:
- By automobile, take the A60 trunk road north out of Nottingham and turn left (west) onto the B6011 arterial road. This will take you to the village after about 1 mile.
- Check the bus schedules at: Carlberry Company.
- Visit the Papplewick village page for more sources.
- Alan MURRAY-RUST has a photograph of the Village Sign on Geo-graph, taken in June, 2014.
You can see pictures of Papplewick which are provided by:
You can see the
administrative areas in which Papplewick has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
- See our Maps page for additional resources.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SK548511 (Lat/Lon: 53.054355, -1.183875), Papplewick which are provided by: