Perlethorpe is a small village, a township and a parish near the Dover Beck on the River Meden. The parish is 3 miles north-west of Ollerton, 8 miles south-east of Worksop. The parish covers about 1,768 acres and contains the hamlet of Thoresby.
If you are planning a visit:
- By automobile, take the A612 arterial road out of Nottingham. This road runs right through the village of Lowdham.
- Check the Carlberry site for Bus service.
- There is still a railway station at Lowdham, but the webpage author is unsure if passenger service is still available.
- Chris ? has a photograph of a Lake on the River Meden on Geo-graph, taken in July, 2016.
You can see pictures of Perlethorpe which are provided by:
You can see the
administrative areas in which Perlethorpe has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
- See our Maps page for additional resources.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SK648711 (Lat/Lon: 53.232992, -1.030666), Perlethorpe which are provided by: