This village and parish lie on the River Soar not far from the Midlands Airport, not far from the Leicestershire border. Kingston-on-Soar is just to the south. The parish covers about 1,200 acres.
If you are planning a visit:
- By automobile, take the A453 arterial south out of Nottingham. This road passes just to the north of the village.
- There is a railway near the village, but the author was unable to find scheduled passenger service.
- Richard VINCE however, has a photograph of the Railway station at night on Geo-graph, taken in November, 2015.
- the parish has had a shuttle service to and from the East Midlands Airport. Alan MURRAY-RUST has a photograph of the Shuttle Bus Service on Geo-graph, taken in February, 2009.
You can see pictures of Ratcliffe on Soar which are provided by:
- See our Maps page for additional resources.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SK494289 (Lat/Lon: 52.855336, -1.267808), Ratcliffe on Soar which are provided by: