"Rolleston Parish contains the two townships of Rolleston and Fiskerton, which contain together 583 inhabitants and 2,583a 3r 23p of rich loamy land, of which 280 inhabitants and 1,585 acres are in Rolleston and 303 inhabitants and 998a 3r 7p are in Fiskerton, which is included in the Southwell division of Thurgarton hundred. Rolleston is a pleasant village 3 miles east by south of Southwell, bounded on the south and east by the Trent, and intersected by the River Greet. The church is an ancient structure, dedicated to the Holy Trinity, with a tower and four bells. The living, a vicarage, is valued in the King's books at £10 1s 3d, now £246. The Chapter of Southwell are patrons, and the Rev. Robert Fowler incumbent. The vicarage, a neat brick house near the church, was built in 1844. John Henry Manners Sutton Esq. M.P. is lessee of the great tithe, under the Chapter of Southwell, lord of the manor, and principal owner. The poor have the interest of £130, bequeathed by Sir Thomas Lodge, Diana Gibson, Luke Williamson and Nicholas Kirkby." [WHITE's "Directory of Nottinghamshire," 1853]
Rolleston is a village and a parish 3 miles east by south of Southwell, bounded on the south and east by the River Trent, and intersected by the River Greet. The parish lies 122 miles north of London and 5 miles south of Newark-on-Trent. The old parish boundaries included the townships of Rolleston and Fiskerton. The parish covers 1,679 acres.
If you are planning a visit:
By automobile, take the A612 arterial road north-east out of Nottingham. At Thrugarton, turn right, east, and follow the county road thru Fiskerton to Rolleston.
There is a railway that runs along the eastern edge of the village. Daily passenger service is available via East Midland Trains. The railway station used to be known as "Rolleston Junction" and it is adjacent to the Southwell Racecourse. There is no taxi or bus service from the station.
You can see pictures of Rolleston which are provided by: