Strelley is a parish and a scattered village 134 miles north of London, 5 miles west-north-west of Nottingham and 2 miles east of Ilkeston. The parish includes Catstone Hill about 1/2 mile south of the village.
If you are planning a visit:
- This is a quiet, tranquil village just a "stone's throw" west of Nottingham city.
- The village shares its name with a nearby post-WW2 housing estate. The village is separated from the housing estate by the A6002 road. The estate is actually in Nottingham city.
- By automobile, the parish lies just west of Nottingham, before you reach the M1 Motorway.
- Treveror RICKARD has a photograph of the view of Nottingham in the distance on Geo-graph, taken in March, 2010.
- The village is served by Nottingham City Transport service.
You can see pictures of Strelley which are provided by:
You can see the
administrative areas in which Strelley has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
- See our Maps page for additional resources.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SK506421 (Lat/Lon: 52.973873, -1.247937), Strelley which are provided by: