GENUKI Home page
Nottinghamshire Nottinghamshire   Contents Contents   Neighbours Nearby Places

Strelley (or Strelly)

As described in 1871:
"STRELLEY, a parish in Basford district, Notts; 2 miles E of Ilkeston r. station. Post town, Nottingham. Acres, 1,050. Real property, £1,762. Pop., 253. Houses, 48. The manor, with S. Hall, belongs to J. T. Edge, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £90. Patron, J. T. Edge, Esq. The church was restored in 1855."
John Marius WILSON's "Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales," 1870-72

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1861 R.G. 9 / 2442
1891 R.G. 12 / 2671
Return to top of page

Church History

Return to top of page

Church Records

Return to top of page

Civil Registration

Return to top of page

Description and Travel.

Strelley is a parish and a scattered village 134 miles north of London, 5 miles west-north-west of Nottingham and 2 miles east of Ilkeston. The parish includes Catstone Hill about 1/2 mile south of the village.

If you are planning a visit:

Return to top of page

Genealogy

Return to top of page

History

Return to top of page

Maps

Return to top of page

Military History

Return to top of page

Names, Geographical

Return to top of page

Politics and Government

Return to top of page

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Return to top of page

Population

    Year  Inhabitants
1801 250
1841 284
1861 253
1871 232
1881 252
1891 204
1901 205
1911 197
1921 166
Return to top of page

Schools

Return to top of page

Find help, report problems, or contribute information


Valid HTML 4.0! [Last updated: 29-January-2014 - Louis R. Mills]