This parish, township and village lie only 1 mile ESE of Ollerton. The parish covers 1,001 acres.
If you are planning a visit:
- By automobile, take the A616 north-west out of Newark toward Ollerton. Just past Ompton, the road takes you through the center of Wellow.
- About a mile west of the village is Lake Rufford and the surrounding park.
- Grimston Hill is a mile south-east of the village at was a village itself at one time.
- Roger GEACH has a photograph of the Village Sign on Geo-graph, taken in May, 2011. Clearly, the village could use your artistry and design talents to conjure up a more attractive sign.
You can see pictures of Wellow which are provided by:
You can see the
administrative areas in which Wellow has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
- See our Maps page for additional resources.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SK670661 (Lat/Lon: 53.187782, -0.99876), Wellow which are provided by: