"CAVERSFIELD, a parish partly in the hundred of Ploughly, in the county of Oxford, and partly in the hundred and county of Buckingham, 1 mile N. of Bicester, its post town, and 13 S.E. of Banbury. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Oxford, value £69, in the patronage of the trustees of the late J. Bullock, Esq. The church, dedicated to St. Lawrence, is partly in the Norman style, with a fine Saxon porch, and contains several monuments of the Langstons, Moyles, and Bards, and an antique circular font. Caversfield House is the seat of R. B. Marsham, Esq., who is lord of the manor."
"HAWKWELL, a hamlet in the parish of Caversfield, in the hundred of Ploughley, county Oxford, 2 miles N.W. of Bicester."
[The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]