"THAME, a parish and market town in the hundred of Thame, county Oxford, 12 miles E. of Oxford, 10 S.W. of Aylesbury, and 45 N.W. of London. It is a station on the Oxford and Aylesbury branch of the Great Western railway. This place, which is of great antiquity, is situated on the Thames, adjoining the vale of Aylesbury, and comprises, besides the town of Thame, the hamlets of Moreton, North Weston, Priestend, and Thame Park. ... More"
[The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]