Geographical and Historical information from the year 1824.
[Transcribed information from A Gazetteer of Shropshire - T Gregory - 1824]
(unless otherwise stated)
"ALBRIGHTON, a parish in the Shiffnal division of the hundred of Brimstry. 4½ miles
south-east of Shiffnal. A vicarage in
charge, in the diocese of Coventry and Lichfield, the deanery of Newport, and archdeaconry
of Salop. 198 houses, 968
inhabitants. Fairs, March 5, May 23, July 18, Nov. 9, for horned cattle, sheep and
hogs. A good deal of business is done
at these fairs. See appendix."
[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2012]
Return to top of page
Are you lost in the Genuki hierarchy or arrived here from a Search Engine?
If so, use the up-arrow(s) at the top of the page to go up the hierarchy.
GENUKI is a registered trade mark of the charitable trust GENUKI.
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2012
[Last updated at 07.05 on Sunday, 02 June 2013, by Mel Lockie. ©2012]