Jump to navigation
We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
"ASTLEY ABBOT'S, a parish in the hundred of Stottesdon, in the county of Salop, 2 miles to the N. of Bridgnorth, its post town. It is situated on the western bank of the river Severn. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Hereford, in the patronage of T. Whitmore, Esq. There are charitable endowments amounting to £11 per annum. Stanley Hall, the seat of Sir H. T. Tyrwhitt, Bart., stands on a fine wooded hill, overlooking a district of great beauty. From the lofty tower the prospect extends southward to the Malvern Hills in Worcestershire, and northward to the Wrekin. Astley Abbot's House is the residence of T. Whitmore, Esq." [Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868 by Colin Hinson ©2015]
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Astley Abbots area or see them printed on a map.
Ask for a calculation of the distance from Astley Abbots to another place.