BEDSTONE, Shropshire"BEDSTONE, a parish in the hundred of Purslow, in the county of Salop, 5½ miles to the N.E. of Knighton, its post town, and 7 from Craven Arms railway station. The parish is very small, and the village consists of scattered houses, situated on the road from Knighton to Craven Arms station. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Hereford, value £230, with 35 acres of glebe, in the patronage of E. Rogers, Esq. The church, dedicated to St. Mary, is a plain old structure, and was repaired in 1851. Edward Bennett, Esq., is lord of the manor, and proprietor of the parish."
by Colin Hinson ©2015
- The transcription of the Parish Registers for Bedstone provided by Mel Lockie. Added 24 Nov 2009.
- A transcript of the Bedstone parish entries from Samuel Lewis's 1831 Topographical Dictionary of England,
- A transcript of the Bedstone parish entries from Gregory's 1824 Gazetteer of Shropshire,