"BETTWS-Y-CRWYN, a parish in the hundred of Clun, or Purslow, in the county of Salop, 10 miles to the S.W. of Bishop's Castle. It lies on the borders of Radnorshire, not far from the river Teme, and contains the townships of Kevencalanog, Rugantine, and Trebrodier. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Hereford, value £57, in the patronage of Earl Powis. The church is dedicated to St. Mary.
KEVENCALONOG, a township in the parishes of Clun and Bettws-y-Crwyn, county Salop, 6 miles S.W. of Bishop's Castle.
RUGANTINE, a township in the parish of Bettws-y-crwyn, county Salop, 9 miles S.W. of Bishop's Castle.
TREBRODIER, a township in the parish of Bettws-y-crwyn, county Salop, 7 miles N.W. of Knighton, near the river Teme."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868] by Colin Hinson ©2015