Link to maps of Bettws y Crwyn

BETTWS-Y-CRWYN, Shropshire

"BETTWS-Y-CRWYN, a parish in the hundred of Clun, or Purslow, in the county of Salop, 10 miles to the S.W. of Bishop's Castle. It lies on the borders of Radnorshire, not far from the river Teme, and contains the townships of Kevencalanog, Rugantine, and Trebrodier. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Hereford, value £57, in the patronage of Earl Powis. The church is dedicated to St. Mary."

"KEVENCALONOG, a township in the parishes of Clun and Bettws-y-Crwyn, county Salop, 6 miles S.W. of Bishop's Castle."

"RUGANTINE, a township in the parish of Bettws-y-crwyn, county Salop, 9 miles S.W. of Bishop's Castle."

"TREBRODIER, a township in the parish of Bettws-y-crwyn, county Salop, 7 miles N.W. of Knighton, near the river Teme."

[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2012

Gazetteers

Return to top of page u_arrow (1K)


Are you lost in the Genuki hierarchy or arrived here from a Search Engine?
If so, use the up-arrow(s) at the top of the page to go up the hierarchy.

URL of this page: www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/SAL/BettwsYCrwyn/index.html

GENUKI is a registered trade mark of the charitable trust GENUKI.

This page was originally maintained by Rosemary Lockie until 2009

This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014

[Last updated at 09.24 on Sunday, 13 July 2014, by Mel Lockie. ©2014]
Hosted by Mythic Beasts Ltd.