Geographical and Historical information from the year 1824.
[Transcribed information from A Gazetteer of Shropshire - T Gregory - 1824]
(unless otherwise stated)
"CAINHAM (or CAYNHAM), a parish in the Cleobury division of the hundred of Siottesden,
a vicarage discharged, in the diocese
of Hereford, the deanery of Ludlow, and archdeaconry of Salop. 194 houses, 986 inhabitants.
2½ miles south-east by east
"BENNET'S END, a township in the parish of Cainham, and in the Cleobury division of
the hundred of Stottesdon."
[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2012]
Return to top of page
Are you lost in the Genuki hierarchy or arrived here from a Search Engine?
If so, use the up-arrow(s) at the top of the page to go up the hierarchy.
GENUKI is a registered trade mark of the charitable trust GENUKI.
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2012
[Last updated at 14.21 on Saturday, 18 May 2013, by Mel Lockie. ©2012]