Geographical and Historical information from the year 1831.
[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1831]
(unless otherwise stated)
"CAINHAM, a parish in the hundred of STOTTESDEN;
county of SALOP, 3 miles (E. S. E.) from Ludlow, containing
936 inhabitants. The living is a discharged
vicarage, in the archdeaconry of Salop, and diocese of
Hereford, rated in the king's books at £4. 13. 4., and
in the patronage of J. Mainwaring, Esq. The church
is dedicated to St. Mary."
[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2012]
Return to top of page
Are you lost in the Genuki hierarchy or arrived here from a Search Engine?
If so, use the up-arrow(s) at the top of the page to go up the hierarchy.
GENUKI is a registered trade mark of the charitable trust GENUKI.
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2012
[Last updated at 14.21 on Saturday, 18 May 2013, by Mel Lockie. ©2012]