Geographical and Historical information from the year 1824.
[Transcribed information from A Gazetteer of Shropshire - T Gregory - 1824]
(unless otherwise stated)
"GREAT HANWOOD, a parish in the liberties of Shrewsbury, a rectory, in the diocese
of Hereford, the deanery of Pontesbury,
and archdeaconry of Salop. 31 houses, 157 inhabitants. 4 miles south-west of Shrewsbury."
"LITTLE HANWOOD, a township partly in the parish of Great Hanwood, in the liberties
of Shrewsbury, and partly
in the parish of Pontesbury, in the hundred of Ford. 3 miles south-west of Shrewsbury."
[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2012]
Return to top of page
Are you lost in the Genuki hierarchy or arrived here from a Search Engine?
If so, use the up-arrow(s) at the top of the page to go up the hierarchy.
GENUKI is a registered trade mark of the charitable trust GENUKI.
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2012
[Last updated at 14.21 on Saturday, 18 May 2013, by Mel Lockie. ©2012]