Geographical and Historical information from the year 1824.
"GRINSHILL (or GRINSELL), a parish in the liberties of Shrewsbury, a rectory or donative, in the diocese of Coventry and Lichfield, the deanery of Salop, and archdeaconry of Salop. 40 houses, 214 inhabitants. 7 miles north of Shrewsbury.
From Hawkstone, southwards, to Lea and Grinshill hills, extends a line of siliceous free stone, chiefly of the red kind, except at Grinshill, where there is a considerable quantity of white, of which great use has been made in the bridges, churches, and other modern edifices of Shrewsbury.