LEE-BROCKHURST, Shropshire"LEE-BROCKHURST, a parish in the Whitworth division of the hundred of North Bradford, county Salop, 3 miles S.E. of Wem, its post town, and 9½ S. of Whitchurch. The village, which is small, is situated on the river Roden, and on the road from Shrewsbury to Whitchurch. Sandstone of suitable quality for building is quarried. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Lichfield, value £60. The church, dedicated to St. Peter, is an ancient structure, with a turret containing two bells. There is a parochial school. Viscount Bill is lord of the manor and principal landowner."
by Colin Hinson ©2012
- The transcription of the Parish Registers for Lee Brockhurst provided by Mel Lockie. Added 15 May 2011.
- A transcript of the LeeBrockhurst parish entries from Samuel Lewis's 1831 Topographical Dictionary of England,
- A transcript of the LeeBrockhurst parish entries from Gregory's 1824 Gazetteer of Shropshire,