Jump to navigation
We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
"LYDHAM, a parish partly in the hundred and county of Montgomery, but chiefly in the hundred of Purslow, county Salop, 2 miles N.E. of Bishop's Castle, its post town, and 8 S.W. of Church Stretton. The main road from Bishop's Castle to Shrewsbury passes through the village. The small river Camlet rises in the parish, which includes the township of Aston. A portion of the people are Welsh. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford, value £463. The church is an ancient stone edifice, dedicated to the Holy Trinity, and has an antique font. The Rev. A. Oakeley is lord of the manor. Oakeley .louse is the principal residence."[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868 by Colin Hinson ©2015]
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Lydham area or see them printed on a map.
Ask for a calculation of the distance from Lydham to another place.