Jump to navigation
We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
"RODINGTON, a parish in the Wellington division of South Bradford hundred, county Salop, 7 miles from Shrewsbury, its post town, and 4½ N.W. of Wellington. The village, which is of small extent, is situated on the Shrewsbury canal and river Rodden. The inhabitants are chiefly engaged in agriculture. The parish comprises the townships of Rodington and Sugden. The glebe consists of 35 acres. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield, value £270. The church, dedicated to St. George, is a modern edifice. The Wesleyans have a place of worship. The parochial charities produce about £18 per annum, arising from legacies."[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868 by Colin Hinson ©2015]
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Rodington area or see them printed on a map.
Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868 by Colin Hinson ©2015
Ask for a calculation of the distance from Rodington to another place.