RODINGTON, Shropshire"RODINGTON, a parish in the Wellington division of South Bradford hundred, county Salop, 7 miles from Shrewsbury, its post town, and 4½ N.W. of Wellington. The village, which is of small extent, is situated on the Shrewsbury canal and river Rodden. The inhabitants are chiefly engaged in agriculture. The parish comprises the townships of Rodington and Sugden. The glebe consists of 35 acres. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield, value £270. The church, dedicated to St. George, is a modern edifice. The Wesleyans have a place of worship. The parochial charities produce about £18 per annum, arising from legacies."
"SUGDEN, a township in the parish of Rodington, county Salop, 6 miles N.E. of Shrewsbury."
by Colin Hinson ©2015
- A transcript of the Rodington parish entries from Samuel Lewis's 1831 Topographical Dictionary of England,
- A transcript of the Rodington parish entries from Gregory's 1824 Gazetteer of Shropshire,