"SILVINGTON, a parish in the hundred of Overs, county Salop, 5 miles N.W. of Cleobury-Mortimer, its post town, and 8 N.E. of Ludlow. The village, which is of small extent, is situated under the Tittlestone section of the Clee hills. The living is a rectory in the dioc, of Hereford, value £100. The church, dedicated to St. Michael, is an ancient stone structure with a square tower containing two bells. The Rev. J. Edmunds is lord of the manor."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868] by Colin Hinson ©2015