"TASLEY, a parish in the Chelmarsh division of Stottesdon hundred, county Salop, 2 miles N.W. of Bridgnorth, its post town. The village is situated on the high road from Bridgnorth to Shrewsbury, by way of Much-Wenlock. The soil consists of a strong clay, intermixed with a white loamy earth. Coal of inferior quality is obtained in the northern part of the parish. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford, value £212. The church was rebuilt in 1840."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868] by Colin Hinson ©2015