TASLEY, Shropshire"TASLEY, a parish in the Chelmarsh division of Stottesdon hundred, county Salop, 2 miles N.W. of Bridgnorth, its post town. The village is situated on the high road from Bridgnorth to Shrewsbury, by way of Much-Wenlock. The soil consists of a strong clay, intermixed with a white loamy earth. Coal of inferior quality is obtained in the northern part of the parish. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford, value £212. The church was rebuilt in 1840."
by Colin Hinson ©2012
- The transcription of the Parish Registers for Tasley provided by Mel Lockie. Added 10 Feb 2012.
- A transcript of the Tasley parish entries from Samuel Lewis's 1831 Topographical Dictionary of England,
- A transcript of the Tasley parish entries from Gregory's 1824 Gazetteer of Shropshire,