Geographical and Historical information from the year 1824.
[Transcribed information from A Gazetteer of Shropshire - T Gregory - 1824]
(unless otherwise stated)
"WATERS UPTON (or UPTON PARVA), a parish in the Wellington division of the hundred
of Bradford South, a rectory discharged,
in the diocese of Coventry and Lichfield, the deanery of Newport, and archdeaconry
of Salop. 31 houses, 165 inhabitants. 7
miles west of Newport. 10 miles north-east of Shrewsbury.
[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2012]
Return to top of page
Are you lost in the Genuki hierarchy or arrived here from a Search Engine?
If so, use the up-arrow(s) at the top of the page to go up the hierarchy.
GENUKI is a registered trade mark of the charitable trust GENUKI.
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2012
[Last updated at 14.21 on Saturday, 18 May 2013, by Mel Lockie. ©2012]