WATERS UPTON, Shropshire"WATERS UPTON, (or Upton-Parva), a parish in the Wellington division of South Bradford hundred, county Salop, 5 miles N. of Wellington, its post town, and the same distance from Admaston railway station. The village is situated on the river Tern, and on the road from Wellington to Whitchurch and Market Drayton. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Lichfield, value £204, in the patronage of the lord chancellor. The church is dedicated to St. Michael. The parochial charities produce about £8 per annum. The Duke of Sutherland is lord of the manor.
by Colin Hinson ©2012
- The transcription of the Parish Registers for Waters Upton provided by Mel Lockie. Added 21 Feb 2010.
- A transcript of the WatersUpton parish entries from Samuel Lewis's 1831 Topographical Dictionary of England,
- A transcript of the WatersUpton parish entries from Gregory's 1824 Gazetteer of Shropshire,