WHEATHILL, Shropshire"WHEATHILL, a parish and township in the hundred of Stottesdon, county Salop, 5 miles N.W. of Cleobury Mortimer, and 11 S.W. of Bridgnorth. The village, formerly a market town, is situated under Clee Hill. The soil is a light clay, upon a subsoil of limestone and freestone. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Hereford, value £300. The church is dedicated to the Holy Trinity. Viscount Boyne is lord of the manor and principal landowner."
by Colin Hinson ©2015
- A transcript of the Wheathill parish entries from Samuel Lewis's 1831 Topographical Dictionary of England,
- A transcript of the Wheathill parish entries from Gregory's 1824 Gazetteer of Shropshire,