"BADLEY, a parish in the hundred of Bosmere and Claydon, in the county of Suffolk, 2 miles to the N.W. of Needham, its post town. It lies in a pleasant district on the river Orwell. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Norwich, value £40, in the patronage of the Earl of Ashburnham. The church is dedicated to St. Mary."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)