"BADWELL ASH, a parish in the hundred of Blackbourn, in the county of Suffolk, 3 miles to the E. of Ixworth, its post town. The Eastern Union railway passes near it. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Ely, value £69, in the patronage of Miss Clough. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. There are charities amounting to £13 a year.
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)