"BARHAM, a parish in the hundred of Bosmere and Claydon, in the county of Suffolk, 4 miles to the N. of Ipswich, its post town. It lies on the E. bank of the river Gipping, which is navigable. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Norwich, of the value of £342, in the gift of F.W. Schreiber, Esq. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. The parish contains the union workhouse for the hundred. The principal residence is Barham Hall."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)