"BARNINGHAM, a parish in the hundred of Blackbourn, in the county of Suffolk, 5 miles S. from Harling-road railway station, and 10½ miles to the N.E. of Bury St. Edmund's, its post town. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Ely, of the value with the rectory* of Coney Weston, of £770, in the patronage of R. Hunt, Esq. The church, dedicated to St. Andrew, is built of brick, and has a stone tower. It contains a brass of the year 1499. The Wesleyans have a chapel here. The parochial charities amount to £55 per annum."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)