"BEDINGFIELD, a parish in the hundred of Hoxne, in the county of Suffolk, 4 miles to the S.E. of Eye, its post town, and 0 E. of Finningham railway station. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Norwich, of the value of £300, in the patronage of J. J. Bedingfield, Esq. The church, dedicated to St. Mary, is a fine old structure in the Gothic style. The register dates from 1538. The principal residence is Bedingfield Hall, or, as it is now called, Fleming's Hall, the seat of the ancient family of Bedingfield, who derive their name from this place. The town lands consist of 23 acres 1½ rood in Debenham and Kinton, the proceeds of which are applied to the repairs of the church, and the general benefit of the parish. There are also some other small charities for the poor."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)