"BINACRE, (or Benacre) a parish in the hundred of Blything, in the county of Suffolk, 6 miles to the S.W. of Lowestoft. Southwold is its post town. It lies near the sea-coast and the East Suffolk section of the Great Eastern railway. In the, parish is a lake called Binacre Broad, which covers an area of 100 acres, and abounds in fish. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich, consolidated with the rectory of Easton-Bavents and the vicarage of North Hales, of the value of £440, and in the patronage of Sir T. S. Gooch, Bart. The church is dedicated to St. Michael. In forming a road here, in 1786, an urn was found with several hundred coins of Vespasian, Trojan, Hadrian, and other Roman emperors. The principal residence is Binacre Hall.
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)