"BLAXHALL, a parish in the hundred of Plomesgate, in the county of Suffolk, 4 miles to the S. of Saxmundham. Woodbridge is its post town. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Norwich, of the value of £498, in the patronage of A. Ingleby and others. The church is dedicated to St. Peter. The parochial charities produce £18 per annum. Blaxhall Hall is about a mile distant from the village."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)