"BOYTON, a parish in the hundred of Wilford, in the county of Suffolk, 3 miles to the S.W. of Orford. Woodbridge is its post town. It lies near the sea-coast, on the banks of the river Alde, near its mouth. The living is a rectory's in the diocese of Norwich, of the value of £365, in the patronage of Mrs. Warner's trustees. The church is dedicated to St. Andrew. Here are almshouses for 16 men and women, founded and endowed about 1743 by Mrs. Warner, the revenue of which now exceeds £1,300 per annum."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)