BRADFIELD ST. GEORGE
"BRADFIELD ST. GEORGE, a parish in the hundred of Thedwestry, in the county of Suffolk, 5 miles to the S.E. of Bury St. Edmund's, its post town. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely, of the value with that of Rushbrook annexed, of £550, in the patronage of the Marquis of Bristol. The church is dedicated to St. George. The surrounding country is very flat, and the view from the top of the steeple is of considerable extent, embracing parts of Norfolk, Cambridgeshire, and Essex. It is said that 60 parish churches are within sight. There is a small endowment for education."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson © 2003
- Churches in Bradfield St George:
- Chapel [now Baptist Church], Chapel Road-Kingshall Green, Particular Baptist
- St George, Church Road, Church of England
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Bradfield St George area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.
- Details of the administrative areas of which Bradfield St George has been a part can be seen in Vision of Britain, which contains details of historic boundaries, and more about this place.
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works (Zoom in via this one to see house numbers)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.