BRADFIELD ST. GEORGE
"BRADFIELD ST. GEORGE, a parish in the hundred of Thedwestry, in the county of Suffolk, 5 miles to the S.E. of Bury St. Edmund's, its post town. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely, of the value with that of Rushbrook annexed, of £550, in the patronage of the Marquis of Bristol. The church is dedicated to St. George. The surrounding country is very flat, and the view from the top of the steeple is of considerable extent, embracing parts of Norfolk, Cambridgeshire, and Essex. It is said that 60 parish churches are within sight. There is a small endowment for education."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson © 2003
- Churches in Bradfield St George:
- St George, Church Road, Church of England
- Chapel [now Baptist Church], Chapel Road-Kingshall Green, Particular Baptist
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Bradfield St George area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.
If you keep this page loaded for a very long time and the database is updated since loading it, the church links above may become stale and may display the wrong church. If this happens, reloading this page will correct them.
- Details of the administrative areas of which Bradfield St George has been a part can be seen in Vision of Britain, which contains details of historic boundaries, and more about this place.
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- Vision of Britain
- English Jurisdictions in 1851
- Elgin Road Works
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview