"BRADWELL, a parish in the hundred of Mutford and Lothingland, in the county of Suffolk, 3 miles to the S.W. of Yarmouth, its post town, and 8 from Lowestoft. The East Suffolk section of the Great Eastern railway runs near it. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Norwich, of the value of £632, in the patronage of J. Walker, Esq. The tithes have been commuted. The church is dedicated to St. Nicholas, and contains an ancient font. It has been recently restored, and a fine east window added by the Rev. W. Trivett, the incumbent. The register dates from the year 1616. The parish comprises an area of about 2,383 acres, principally the property of Sir S. M. Peto, Bart., who is lord of the manor. A National school was built here in 1851."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)