"BRAMPTON, a parish in the hundred of Blything, in the county of Suffolk, 4 miles to the N.E. of Halesworth. Wangford is its post town. It is a station on the East Suffolk section of the Great Eastern railway. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Norwich, of the value of £434, in the patronage of the Rev. G. 0. Leman. The church is dedicated to St. Peter. The charitable endowments of the parish, including £9, the income of a school, amount to £65 per annum. Brampton Hall has long been the seat of the Leman family, who hold the manor. About 1 mile from the village is Brampton Old Hall."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)