"BROCKLEY, a parish in the hundred of Thingoe, in the county of Suffolk, 6 miles to the S. of Bury St. Edmund's. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Ely, of the value of £458, in the patronage of the Rev. W. Sprigge, incumbent. The tithes were commuted for an annual rent-charge of £463 in 1846, When a new rectory-house was built. The church, which is dedicated to St. Andrew, is an ancient stone building, containing a fine painting of Christ and the Doctors in the Temple. The register is very ancient. The Baptists have a neat chapel. There is an endowment for a school, and several charities, amounting in the aggregate to about £50 per annum."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)