"BUCKLESHAM, a parish in the hundred of Colneis, in the county of Suffolk, 5 miles to the S.E. of Ipswich, its post town, and the same distance S. of Woodbridge, both of which are stations on the Great Eastern railway. It contains the hamlet of Kembroke. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich, of the annual value of £569, in the gift of the Rev. E. Walford, incumbent. The church, dedicated to St. Mary, is a brick edifice with a small wooden tower, and was repaired in 1842. The register dates from the year 1678. There is a National school, which receives a government grant. There are three manors in this parish."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)