"CAPEL, a parish in the hundred of Wilford, in the county of Suffolk, 6 miles to the E. of Woodbridge, its post town. It is situated on the river Butley. The living is a perpetual curacy* united with that of Butley, in the diocese of Norwich. The church, dedicated to St. Andrew, has long been in decay. The parochial charities amount to £6 a year, being the value of the town lands."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson © 2003
- Churches in Capel:
- St Andrew, S of Home Farm [site], Church of England
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Capel St Andrew area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.
If you keep this page loaded for a very long time and the database is updated since loading it, the church links above may become stale and may display the wrong church. If this happens, reloading this page will correct them.
- Details of the administrative areas of which Capel has been a part can be seen in Vision of Britain, which contains details of historic boundaries, and more about this place.
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview