"CAPEL, a parish in the hundred of Wilford, in the county of Suffolk, 6 miles to the E. of Woodbridge, its post town. It is situated on the river Butley. The living is a perpetual curacy* united with that of Butley, in the diocese of Norwich. The church, dedicated to St. Andrew, has long been in decay. The parochial charities amount to £6 a year, being the value of the town lands."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
St Andrew, S of Home Farm [site], Church of England