"CHARSFIELD, a parish in the hundred of Loes, in the county of Suffolk, 5 miles to the N. of Woodbridge, its post town, and 3 from Wickham Market station on the East Suffolk branch of the Great Eastern railway. The living is a perpetual curacy* in the diocese of Norwich, value £100, in the patronage of Earl Howe. The church, dedicated to St. Peter, is a handsome brick edifice. The Baptists have a chapel. The charities amount to £8 per annum."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)