"CHEDBURGH, a parish in the hundred of Risbridge, in the county of Suffolk, 5 miles S.W. of Bury St. Edmund's, its post town. The Great Eastern railway passes within a few miles of the village. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Ely, value £150, in the patronage of the Marquis of Bristol, who is lord of the manor. The church, dedicated to All Saints, was rebuilt in 1842, and is a handsome structure in the decorated style of architecture. The register dates from 1538. There is an endowed school for both sexes, and the charities amount to about £8 per annum."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)