"CHEVINGTON, a parish in the hundred of Thingoe, in the county of Suffolk, 5 miles S.W. of Bury St. Edmund's, its post town. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Ely, value £396, in the patronage of the Rev. J. White. The church, dedicated to All Saints, is an ancient structure. Here is a National school, erected at a cost of £600. The annual value of the charities is £22. In the vicinity is Ickworth Hall, the seat of the Marquis of Bristol, who is lord of the manor."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)