"COPDOCK, a parish in the hundred of Samford, in the county of Suffolk, 3 miles S.W. of Ipswich, and 2½ N.E. of the Capel station on the Great Eastern railway. It is situated on a tributary of the river Orwell. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Norwich, value with the vicarage of Washbrook annexed, £483, in the patronage of Lord Walsingham. The church is dedicated to St. Peter. There is a National school. Lord Walsingham is lord of the manor."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)