"CRANSFORD, a parish in the hundred of Plomesgate, in the county of Suffolk, 1½ mile E. of Framlingham station on the East Suffolk branch of the Great Eastern railway, and 6 miles from Saxmundham. It is situated on the river Alde. The village is small, and the population wholly agricultural. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Norwich, value £430, in the patronage of G. W. Pooley, Esq. The church is dedicated to St. Peter. The charities amount to £2 per annum. The Baptists have a chapel. Thomas Borrett, Esq., is lord of the manor, and resides at Cransford Hall."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)