"CULPHO, a parish in the hundred of Carlford, in the county of Suffolk, 4½ miles N.E. of Ipswich, its post town, and 4 W. of Woodbridge station on the East Suffolk branch of the Great Eastern railway. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Norwich, value £55, in the patronage of T. B. Gurdon, Esq. The church, dedicated to St. Botolph, is a plain building, consisting of nave and tower. The charities amount to about £5 per annum. T. B. Gurdon, Esq., is lord of the manor."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)