"DALHAM, a parish in the hundred of Risbridge, in the county of Suffolk, 4 miles S. of Kennet railway station, and 5 S.E. of Newmarket. It contains Dunstall Green. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Ely, value £419, in the patronage of the Rev. Sir R. Affleck, Bart. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. The tithes were commuted for land and corn rents, under an Enclosure Act, in 1816. Sir Robert Affleck, Bart., is lord of the manor, and resides at Dalham Hall, formerly the seat of the Stuteville family. It was built about 17 05 by the then Bishop of Ely. There is a school, conducted on the National system."
"DUNSTALL-GREEN, a hamlet in the parish of Dalham, in the county of Suffolk, 6 miles S.E. of Newmarket."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson © 2003
- St Mary, Church Lane, Church of England
- Churches in Dalham:
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Dalham area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.
- Details of the administrative areas of which Dalham has been a part can be seen in Vision of Britain, which contains details of historic boundaries, and more about this place.
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works (Zoom in via this one to see house numbers)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.