"DALLINGHOE, (or Dalinghoo, Earls'), a parish partly in the hundred of Wilford, and partly in that of Loes, in the county of Suffolk, 2¼ miles W. of Wickham Market, and 4 N. of Woodbridge. The village is small and wholly agricultural. It acquired the affix of Earls from the circumstance that the chief manor formerly belonged to the earls of Norfolk. The handsome manorhouse, erected by Sir William Churchill, was burnt down in 1729. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Norwich, value £384, in the patronage of the Rev. E. Walford. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. The charities amount to £41 per annum. A. Arcedeckne and J. Wood, Esqs., are lords of the manor. There is a parochial school, chiefly supported by the rector.
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)